Ride from Acorn Bank to Bampton/Shap/Appleby 2nd September

 

Hi all, 

Hope you can join me for a ride on Wednesday, starting at 09:30.  The ride will start and finish in Acorn Bank car park.  The 80km route (kept shorter and with less altitude due to the miserable weather forecast) goes across to Askham, down to Bampton, concrete road to Shap, Newby, Appleby then back fellside via Dufton.  Stops available at Askham, Bampton, Shap and Appleby – we’ll see how we feel based at the time.  There is approx. 900m of climbing according to Garmin Connect.  I added Course points to the route for Bampton, Shap and Appleby.  GARMIN Route.

 

I haven’t checked the route recently so we will have to deal with any disturbances, like road closures, as we find them.

 

Please text or WhatsApp me if you are coming, whether to Culgaith or meeting up en-route.

Gary 07964 591187

Note I’m still not able post on the blog hence this is posted by Adella on my behalf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Festive Lunch Food Choices please - January 17th

AGM 25th October

RUNS LIST 1st QUARTER 2026